Types of Physicals
- Separation (chapter, ETS, retirement),
- Over 40 periodic health assessment (PHA)
All service members requesting chapter physical exam packets must have the commander’s chapter memo and come to the FTMC with their escort for all visits related to the exam.
- Chapter 5 through 8 Soldiers are excluded from the escort requirement.
Physical Exam Procedure
Physical Exams are done in 2 phases:
Physical Exam Packet Information
Phase 1 - packet pick up, ordering of required labs and imaging – must be completed in person at FTMC between 8:00 a.m. and 3:20 p.m.
Labs for all physicals: Monday through Friday at 6:30 - 8 a.m.
Phase 2 - Exam: By appointment only, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 2 p.m. Schedule through FTMC only.
- Do not book via TRICARE Online as the time slots are insufficient for exam completion.
- Any Phase 2 exam appointment booked via TRICARE Online will be cancelled and you will be instructed to reschedule by calling the FTMC or the call center.
- Note: All physical exam packets require all the forms listed below. The exceptions are school and commissioning physicals, which do not require DD Form 2697 and DA Form 4700.
- Note: If you are completing a DoDMERB physical, you are required to follow the instructions provided by the DoDMERB website. The FTMC is not responsible for providing DoDMERB forms.
Phase 1 - Forms/Packets are issued by FTMC Staff between 8:00 a.m. and 3:20 p.m. for you to complete, as directed.
- Labs and X-rays are ordered as applicable, and completed at the clinic between 6:30 and 8:00 a.m. after fasting (nothing to eat or drink, except water and medication) for the previous 10-12 hours.
- Vision testing is done as applicable; if you wear glasses, please bring them with you, DO NOT WEAR CONTACT LENSES.
- Your dental exam is completed at your assigned dental clinic and must be completed prior to phase 2.
- Hearing testing is done at building 3508. The copy of the audiogram provided to you must be included in your exam packet.
- All permanent profiles must be valid and in E-Profile prior to your Phase 2 appointment.
- School and chapter packets that require a Request for Mental Evaluation (DA form 382): this appointment must be made, and the form completed at Behavioral Health prior to scheduling the Phase 2 Physical Exam.
Phase 2 - Before Phase 2 appointments are scheduled, completion of all labs and the hearing test will be verified by results posted to AHLTA.
For the Phase 2 Exam, service members are to wear the PT uniform and arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment, with your unit escort, if one is required for your chapter.
If any Phase 1 portion - lab, x-ray, hearing test, vision test, Behavioral Health Evaluation - is not resulted, has not been completed, or is missing from your packet, you must reschedule your Phase 2 appointment.
If you present to the FTMC for your appointment and your packet is found to be incomplete your appointment will be cancelled. You may reschedule once you have completed all Phase 1 requirements.
Physical Exam Forms
DD Form 2697
- Fill in Section I, boxes 1-18, sign box 19a, date box 19b.
- Section II - Do not complete Section II boxes 20-25. These are for health care provider's use.
DD Form 2807-1
- Complete boxes 1-9. Box 5 may be stamped per clinic staff.
- Boxes 10-28 must be completed (Y/N). Any "YES" answers must be explained in box #29
- If additional space is needed, you may use page 3.
- If page 3 is not needed for additional annotation, only write your full name and social security number in the specified boxes.
DD Form 2808
- Box 1, the provider will annotate the date of the physical exam.
- Fill in boxes 2-15. Please provide accurate contact numbers where indicated.
- Be sure to clearly write your full name and social security number on the front and back of all pages.
- Boxes 17-87 are to be completed only by FTMC staff and the Health Care Provider.
DA Form 4700
- This is the Hepatitis C screening form. Please circle "yes" or "no" indicating whether or not you wish to be screened for Hepatitis C. Clearly write your name in the identification box.
PHYSICAL EXAM PROCESSING AND PROCEDURE
A copy of the completed exam packet may be picked up at the BJACH Medical Records Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. 10-14 business days after completion of your physical exam.