Soldier Centered Medical Home (SCMH)
WHAT IS A SOLDIER CENTERED MEDICAL HOME?
Army Medicine is transforming from a healthcare system to a System for Health beginning with our primary care services.
We are transitioning to comprehensive, collaborative care.
YOU, the patient, are our center, our focus, our partner in your healthcare journey. Patient Centered Medical Home is a multidisciplinary approach to deliver comprehensive primary care.
Each patient will partner with a team of healthcare providers – physicians, nurses, behavioral health professionals, pharmacists, and others to develop a comprehensive, personal healthcare plan.
The Team guides and navigates the health care system with you.
YOU, the patient takes an active role as an engaged decision maker.
Patients have an active role in their health care and have an opportunity to meet with the health care team on a regular basis which builds trust and strengthens communication.
At its heart, Patient Centered Medical Home is healthcare the way it should be – easy to access, patient-centered, team based and quality focused on comprehensive coordinated care.
You Are Our Partner
A network of clinicians and services providing care to patients. Partnered through collaboration, the Medical Neighborhood and your Health Care Team will coordinate inpatient care, post-acute rehabilitation, emergency care, specialty care, allied services (pharmacy, laboratory, radiology), patient education and other wellness and preventive services.
How do you access your care?
A system for you to communicate securely with your health care team that can be used to:
- Receive Lab/Radiology Results
- Request Medication Refills
- Request an appointment with your Primary Care Manager (PCM) or Specialty Clinic Provider
- Email your Provider and receive a reply Within 72 hours
- Convenient Access to view, print, and save personal health data
- Allows authorized family members to schedule, view, and cancel both Primary Care and select self-referral specialty ap-pointments on behalf of:
Other adult family members
Minor children (under 18)
Why is Army Medical Home important to YOU?
- Primary Care where you serve and live.
- Allows you an active role in your health care.
- You are a member of your Healthcare TEAM