Scheduling an Appointment
How do I access the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal?
Visit https://my.mhsgenesis.health.mil/ to:
- Manage primary care medical and dental appointments
- Review clinical notes, referrals, and lab and test results
- Request prescription renewals
- Exchange secure messages with your healthcare team
- Monitor health information and view your portal profile
- Complete a pre-visit, dental health history questionnaire online
- Look up high-quality, provider-approved health information
related to health issues, lab results, and medications
CONUS Nurse Advice Line 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273), option 1
The Continental U.S. Nurse Advice Line provides nurse advice 24/7 for all TRICARE beneficiaries, except patients with Military Treatment Facility-only privileges. Booking clerks are available to book an appointment with your PCM if recommended by the Triage nurse. If you are away from your MTF (i.e., vacation, TDY, PCS, etc.) the CONUS Nurse Advice Line can coordinate with your PCM to place a referral to a nearby Urgent Care Center.
BJACH Centralized Appointment Line
Below is the list of telephone menu options
Option 1 - To schedule an appointment in the Primary Care Clinics (Red Team, White Team, Blue Team, Pediatric Team, Internal Medicine Team); Combined Troop Medicine Clinic; or if you wish to speak with a Team Nurse, please select this option.
Patients will first speak with a booking agent who will verify your identify and eligibility, inquire regarding the type of appointment requested and either schedule the appointment or conduct a warm handoff to a Team nurse.
- If BJACH does not have an appointment available with the assigned PCM or PCM team, the Appointing Agent will attempt to schedule the patient with another home.
- Appointing Agents will assist patients in scheduling for needed on the same day or for up to 28 days in the future. After your appointment, follow-up appointments should be made before you leave the clinic. Central Appointments clerks can also assist with you with scheduling follow-up appointments in the Primary Care clinics.
- Patients needing to renew a prescription with no remaining refills or to find out test results, please select Option 1. An Appointing Agent will send your request to the correct team nurse, who has 72 hours to respond to the message.
Option 2 - To cancel an appointment, please select this option.
Patients may leave a message and a booking agent will cancel the appointment. Currently there is no automated mechanism to reschedule, however if patients express desire to reschedule a booking agent will return their phone call and schedule another appointment.
Note: BJACH encourages all patients to cancel any scheduled appointments at least 2 hours before the appointment time. This gives the best opportunity for another beneficiary to be scheduled in the newly available/open appointment slot.
Option 3 - To refill a prescription medication that has refills available, please select this option.
Patients selecting this option are transferred to the pharmacy to request the refill electronically. The system will prompt the patient regarding prescription availability and pick up dates. You may also call the 24/7 Pharmacy Refill line at 337-531-DRUG (3784) or enroll in the Tricare Pharmacy Home Delivery (information listed on the Pharmacy webpage).
Option 4 - To schedule an appointment or speak with a representative from a Specialty Clinic, please select this option.
Patients will be given another menu of options corresponding to the Specialty Clinics to include, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Obstetrics/ Gynecology, Ears Eyes Nose Throat, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Radiology, Nutrition Care, and Behavioral Health.
Option 5 - To submit a compliment or if you are seeking assistance with resolving an issue, please select this option.
Patients will be transferred to a BJACH Patient Advocate. The Patient Advocate will help investigate system-wide or policy issues, as well as those problems that are not resolved at the area of concern.
Option 6 - To speak with the BJACH information desk attendant, please select this option.
Patients requesting general hospital information may also call 337-531-3118 or 337-531-3119.
Option 7 - To return to the main menu/repeat options, please select this option.