The Patient Administration Division strives to assist our beneficiaries by maintaining their medical information in a professional and concise manner.
Patient Administration Information (Medical Records)
In/Out Processing (Helpful Hints):
- If you have just arrived from another duty station and have brought your records with you, please turn them in to the Outpatient Records Section as soon as possible.
- Prior to making hospital appointments, you must be registered in the hospital computer system.
- Beneficiary changes must be done through DEERS located at In and Out processing. Once this step is completed, please return to the hospital and Medical Records personnel can update registration information..
- Must have orders, clearing papers and ID card in order to Out process.
- BJACH does not allow Soldiers to hand-carry their medical records. Soldiers who require a copy of their record for a medical appointments off post will be provided a copy.
Soldiers PCSing to remote areas will be provided a copy of their record (ideally electronic but may be paper) and will be provided instructions on how to access portions of their medical record via the "Blue Button" on the TRICARE On-Line website.
BJACH no longer transfers records to MTFs based on PCS orders.
Gaining MTFs will request the medical records from the losing MTFs once the Soldier has completed in processing at their new duty location. The losing MTF will forward the Soldier's medical record as well as the family member medical records as applicable upon request.
Patients may request a copy of their medical record using a DD Form 2870 (Authorization for Disclosure of Medical or Dental Information) available online at : www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/forms/dd/dd2870.pdf
either by mail or by visiting Correspondence. Please allow up to 30 days for processing.